Home Remedies For Itching
Photo by Tijana Drndarski on Unsplash
Itching is a problem which we all face from time to time. It is irritating and looks unpleasant to the viewers, while being really uncomfortable to the person suffering from it. When itching gets out of control, it can lead to other problems like psoriasis. You can try these home remedies for Itchy Skin and get rid of your itching troubles.
- Baking Soda is beneficial in Itching treatment. Baking soda helps relieve itching of the skin. Mix one cup of baking soda in the bath water. Wash dry skin with it. Using this mixture regularly with help you get rid of your itching problem. Baking soda has antifungal properties, and this has been proved by research.
- Home remedy for Itching with coconut oil: Applying coconut oil on the skin keeps the skin moisturized for a long time. It gives comfort to your skin and reduces itching.
- Oatmeal Powder: Make a paste by mixing oatmeal powder with water. Apply on dry skin daily. It helps in relieving itching. Colloidal oatmeal also has known antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which are very effective in the treatment of itchiness.
- Mango Tree bark: Home Remedies to treat itching problem is to take 25g Mango tree bark and 25g bark of acacia tree and boil them in one liter of water. Steam on the itchy area with this water. After this, apply ghee on this place. Use these home remedies to get relief from itching.
- Sulphur is also used in itching treatment: Apply sulphur paste on the itchy area. Itching is relieved by applying sulfur. You can consult an Ayurvedic doctor for more information.
- Tulsi: or holy basil acts as natural itch relief. To get rid of your itching problem, grind 5-6 basil leaves mixed with coconut oil and massage the dry skin. It proves beneficial.
- Lemon: Lemon is used in curing many diseases. After applying lemon juice on the itchy area, wash it with lukewarm water. It provides relief from itching.
- Neem: itching treatment Grind neem leaves and apply on the affected area. Neem and turmeric paste is also very commonly recommended for its efficacy.
- Sesame seed and coconut oil: Apply sesame seed oil on dry skin. It will relieve itching with regular use. Moisturizers like sesame seed oil can help hydrate the outermost layer of the skin. They are often essential for managing skin conditions that cause itching and dryness. Applying coconut oil to the dry areas of the skin cure the problem of itching to a large extent. Coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which makes it perfect for skin infections caused by bacteria.
Itching is a problem which gets worse with time. If left unattended, it can cause marks on the skin which look unsightly. Regular itching can also lead to psoriasis and eczema. You can use these home remedies for itching to treat your itching problems, instead of using medicines, full of chemicals prescribed by the doctor and bid your itching problems goodbye. I am looking forward to hearing from you and will come back with another write up, full of parenting tips and tricks. Do write to me in the comments section, if you have any queries, suggestions or even if just want to say “hi”. Ciao till the next time!
Aarti Puri is Harvard educated and the founder and CEO of Magnolia Kids, a primary school. She is a psychologist, writer and teacher trainer. She's starting her YouTube Video channel for moms and kids soon!
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.