Quarantine Skincare From Your Kitchen
Photo by Michael Mims on Unsplash
With the current lockdown scenario in our country, we ladies seem far away from getting the much-needed beauty regime we regularly follow. It seems like ages since we had our manicures, pedicures or just a simple facial and we all need to take care of ourselves and our skincare routine.
I have never really been a beauty salon-oriented person, have always relied on a few natural and easily available products, these ingredients have been introduced to me by my grandmother, and today I am going to share them with you.
- Honey – It is a sweet substance produced by honeybees, it not only has many health benefits when consumed regularly, it also has amazing beauty benefits. Honey has abundant antioxidants and healing properties which help in treating problems like acne, wrinkles and unclogging skin pores. This wonder ingredient can easily be added with curd, raw milk or can just be put on skin all by itself.
- Turmeric – Just like honey, turmeric also is beneficial when it is consumed orally or applied on the skin. Turmeric has a bioactive component known as curcumin which has both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, this is mostly helpful in healing of wounds and lightning scars specially from acne or eczema.
- Curd – This can be a surprise but applying curd or buttermilk can be really good for your skin. It has abundance of good bacteria, calcium and Vitamin D which helps in improving complexion and soothing the skin. This also gives a very cooling effect after you use it. Curd can be used on both oily skin as well as dry skin; it has equal affect on both skin types.
- Chickpea Flour- Commonly known as besan, is one of my favourite ingredients when it comes to products used from our kitchen, this wonder product is packed with minerals, vitamins and protein. This amazing ingredient works wonders on oily skin, it reduces tan and oiliness from the skin and is also used for exfoliation. When in a hurry you can add just plain water with besan and keep it in your skin for just 5 minutes.
- Papaya – This is not only my favourite fruit its also one of my go to products when it comes to beauty regime, Papaya has skin lightening properties and it works wonders on blemishes, pigmentation and uneven skin tones, after each use it leaves the skin feeling soft and glowing.
These are my top favourite ingredients which I use regularly on my skin, if used regularly you will be able to see a significant difference in your skin, not only are these products easily available these are also pocket friendly. So as the current scenario demands us to use minimum resources let hit our pantry and whip up some beauty recipes.
You can mix any combination of above-mentioned ingredients or you can mix them all together at once and use them on your skin, however its always recommended to do a patch test on your hands before applying it on your face.
Bhavya is a stock broker for over 10 years now, and is a mother of 2 toddlers, who is enjoying her new challenge, called "Motherhood"
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store