WINTER Care For New Born Babies
Chilling wind, full sleeves clothes out from the wardrobe. Yes, because winter has arrived.
In the winter season we need to look after extra care for babies especially in case of new born. As they are so young for cool weather, their skin is also very sensitive and soft and that’s the reason that every new mother needs to know about. In this season our skin becomes dry, but babies' skin is more sensitive than adults, so we need extra care for them.
Winter’s air is more dry and cold, and for our tiny tots it could be harmful as well. As far as winter care is concerned, we all mothers need to take care of them more these days.
I am sharing some tips, hopefully it will help all the new mommies.
Here are some winter care tips mentioned below-
- Massage with Mustard oil – We all aware about the benefits of massage but in winters it is mandatory, but we should know the correct technique also. Never use cool or normal oil during winters. It can affect a baby's soft skin and there are chances of cold as well, best to take lukewarm mustard oil in a bowl and gently give a massage to your infants. Rub this oil on their chest and back with soft hands. If babies having cold it will give them relief soon.
- Body lotion – Babies skin is so soft and sensitive , in winter It became dry. It is important to use a good body lotion on their skin after bathing. It is good for hydrating a baby's skin as well. After bath, immediately apply lotion all over the skin. Here are some organic skincare products for babies.
- Breastfeeding is a must - we all know that Breastfeeding is an important part of motherhood, but in winter it is a must because breast feeding helps to maintain babies immune system as there are chances of flu and cold to such a small kid. It is a good source for hydrating skin and body as well. Breastfeeding is the best immunity booster for babies.
- Soft and light blankets - Blankets need to be always there with them, but be sure these should be light in weight but more warm. You can keep a check. There are now these kinds of blankets available. It should be cozy and soft so that the baby can enjoy it and feel happy and comfortable.
- Bath time – It is not necessary to bathe them regularly, it could be on alternate days , but keep the baby's body with the use of a sponge or washcloth. Be sure to clean the diaper area regularly to avoid diaper rashes. Keep it clean and dry always. Here are our bathing accessories which will give your child the best bath.
- Hand wash – yes, Hand wash but this is for the adults who are taking care of the baby at home or the person who came back home from outside. Nowadays due to Covid we already follow these precautions but otherwise we also need to take care of this thing. If anyone from a family member or any other person came to meet a newborn, be sure they should have used hand wash before coming closer to babies. It is important for the hygiene purpose.
So these are some important tips to be listed down for new born care during winters.
If you are a new mom, you can write down your winter care tips or any suggestions you want to give.