The Many Benefits of Massaging Your Baby
Motherhood is indeed the most beautiful journey a woman embarks on. I still remember when I came to know I was pregnant, my joy knew no bounds. Before your little one starts speaking, they communicate with people around them with touch. If your baby cries, the first thing you would do is pick them plus give them a warm cuddle. Massaging your baby is actually an extension of such an impulse. It is one activity which must be part of your baby’s daily routine.
Massaging your baby can work wonders for them. Have a look at these amazing benefits of giving your little one a massage:
- Helps you bond with your baby: After breastfeeding, massaging is a great way to bond with your little one. It encourages positive bonding between you and your baby from an early stage. Massaging is a wonderful way to know each other too.
- Good for health: A good massage offers numerous physiological benefits. Few of them include improved lymph plus blood circulation, better breathing and improved gastrointestinal function.
- Makes you a confident mommy: Giving your baby a massage daily can help you understand your baby's needs. When you spend some quiet time with your baby while massaging them, you will get that time plus space you require to begin recognizing plus learning their cues. This will in turn, boost your confidence and you will definitely feel more relaxed during those early months.
- Massage has a calming effect: Massaging can help your baby relax, it is calming on their nervous system. Also, it is good for colic plus sleep. Good enough reason to give your little one a massage.
- Massaging offers relief: A good massage can provide relief to your little one. If your baby has colic, constipation or an issue of trapped wind then you can gently massage your little one's tummy to get relief. This is something which has been tried and tested by me as a mommy.
- Help get that that good night sleep: I always make it a point to give my daughter a nice oil massage before her bedtime. This has worked like magic for her in getting that good night sleep. Massaging helps in relaxing your baby's muscles and the oil gives their skin the nourishment it needs.
I am sure after going through this blog, you would agree that massaging your baby can work wonders for them. Always ensure that your baby is calm before you give them a massage because only then they will be able to benefit from your massage. If your baby is over tired then they might not respond well to your massage. A little effort on your part can help you thoroughly enjoy this precious time with your little one. So go ahead, give your baby the care they truly deserve by giving them a nice oil massage. You will definitely cherish these special moments spent with your baby. Happy Parenting!!
Urvashi Newar has a great passion for writing. She has been into this line for almost 7 years. Mom to a 3 year old girl, she loves penning down her thoughts on motherhood. She believes in sharing her motherhood journey to help new moms