Boosting Immunity Is The Need Of The Hour
Corona Pandemic has left the entire world into a hidden suspicion of catching the infection from any stranger they come in contact with! It has been nearly 5 months and we even don’t know when the situation will get back to normal?
The process of Unlocking has begun in a nation gradually, people have started adopting a new normal, in such situations, boosting our immunity is the only option left with us.
There are thousands of ways to live a happy healthy life, adopting a holistic approach that means to provide the support that looks at the whole person, considering their physical, emotional, social and spiritual well being. This will help in building healthy individuals and definitely going to improve immunity.
For boosting immunity to fight against any infection doesn’t require much investment or it won’t give extra financial burden to buy expensive immune boosters. Simple and easy home remedies can work excellent to improve our immune system.
- Use of Vit C –. One lemon provides about 31 mg of vitamin C, which is 51% of the reference daily intake (RDI). A natural antioxidant that improves the immune system and has antibacterial and antiviral qualities.
- Curd – Curd naturally has a Good Bacteria – probiotics which are an important part of a healthy digestive system. And healthy Digestive system is the key to boost your immunity.
- Continue Breastfeeding: - WHO recommends continuing breastfeeding up to the age of two years or beyond, as it provides antibodies to Baby, that is the best possible way to boost the child's immunity. So, if you are the mother of below 2 years, continue breastfeeding.
- Adequate Hydration: - Keeping our body hydrated plays an important role in boosting immunity, as it helps in flushing the toxins out from the body, keep the blood circulation normal, and improves digestion of the food. (Water (in litres) to drink a day = Your Weight (in Kg) multiplied by 0.033. multiply 0.033 to your weight in Kg.)
- Kadha: - Indians are obsessed with the variety of different kadha available in the market, Say Big NO to them, until you don’t know about the quality and herbs used to prepare that. Instead try this homemade kadha which is safe and pure, with available easy kitchen ingredients. TULSI + GINGER + MINT + AJWAIN + LEMONGRASS crush together, boil in 1cup water and reduced to 1 spoon. This will help to boost immunity.
- Golden/Yellow Milk: - Curcumin the active components present in turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a very strong antioxidant, and making habit of 1 Glass milk + turmeric is definitely going to enhance the immunity.
- Eat Local: Obtaining this habit is not only helpful in adopting a sustainable lifestyle but this helps us by giving an adequate amount of nutrients within time, as buying local veggies and fruits minimize the use of preservative and chemicals, along with We can minimise the time between plucking and eating them!
- Keep the stress level low – High-stress level will result in high cortisol level in the blood, persistently high level of cortisol will essentially block the immune system from protecting the body against potential threats from viruses and bacteria.
So, your first line of defense is to obtain a healthy lifestyle and boosting yours and family’s immunity!!
Check out the Lunchware collection at The Mom Store.
Dr. Mariya Vhora is an Ayurveda doctor and diploma in Emergency Medical Services with 7 years of clinical experience. After being promoted to precious Motherhood, now she is a SAHM, who shares her beautiful journey of motherhood with a positive parenting approach through her informative blogs.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.