Taking Care Of Baby's Skin
Every new mom is nervous and anxious to hold their newborn for the first time and they are more nervous when massaging and bathing is concerned.
Living in nuclear families, working, away from home adds to the nervousness. So nowadays new moms mainly rely on mommy groups, Google for taking all suggestions and help.
Every mom is connected with other moms just with one finger touch through laptops and phones. It is also important to know other moms' experiences because it will be genuine and comes with first-hand expertise.
Toddlers and infants skin is very smooth, soft and sensitive.
- Food also plays an important role in keeping the skin nourished. Antioxidants in food will make skin more soft and smooth.
- Give lots of water to the baby to stay hydrated during the cold and dry months.
- A newborn baby needs at least two to three baths in a week in warm water to stay clean and hygienic. Water temperature is very important while giving a bath to the baby; not too hot, not too cold. It should be lukewarm. Baby should be wrapped with a soft cotton towel immediately or else they will catch a cold.
- A simple lip balm or chapstick can make their lips softer.
- There is a wide variety of baby massage oil, baby body wash, and bathing bar available in the market. Top to toe body wash is very easy to use and carry. These days’ companies have come up with all essentials in one pack. Important thing is to notice that baby skin should not be left dry after its use. It should give proper nourishment. While selecting baby massage oil, go for the fragrance and texture of the oil which can be easily absorbed by the skin. It should be non-greasy and smooth. A Born baby feels relaxed after a massage and can sleep for hours. Invest in good massage oil which will keep their bones strong.
- Top to toe body wash, baby body wash, the baby bathing bar should be very mild. Should not make skin harsh. Sometimes a baby's skin is extra sensitive so it is better to try small packs first and then invest in big packs. It is not necessary to use soap every day.
- Shampoos should be no tears and mild baby shampoo. Use a cotton ball to wash the baby’s face and gently dab it on the face.
- It is important to seal the baby in good baby lotion to prevent the skin from drying. It is a request to all new moms to use a babyface cream to leave their skin tender.
- Another challenge for all moms is to keep the baby safe from diaper rashes. Bum buttercream and baby bottom wash will solve the purpose.
If you use any new products, look for any reaction or allergy. One should not apply powder when the skin is wet. It is better to keep these products away from their ears, eyes and nose. When a child is a toddler, antibacterial soaps should be avoided as it leaves the skin harsh.
Baby’s skin reacts differently in all weathers. So it is important to study the weather and use the product accordingly.