My Infertility Journey
Photo by Anthony Tran on Unsplash
This is to all those lovely ladies who are trying for the good news. I am sharing a brief of my personal experience:
Yes, you are not alone. You are among those ladies who are used to the dialogues - Did you visit a gynecologist? Oh who has the problem- you or husband? Do you get your periods on time? You should try new positions. Are you not trying for babies? I will get you contact number for best gynecologist.
I have also heard few extremes like
"You are not blessed with a child because yours was a love marriage and your parents would have cursed you." "You have been cursed by God for Inter-Caste Marriage!"
I told my husband one day - Let us go for IVF treatment just once. Be it positive or negative- I will never ever ask for a treatment again.
We decided to go for it.
What did we do?
- Visited an eminent Gynecologist cum Infertility Specialist
- We both - husband and wife were examined, counseled and treated
- We planned and had a healthy diet as advised
- We avoided stress - Prayers , Took job lightly, Avoided negative people, concentrated on hobbies, enjoyed all little moments with each other, changed the flat
- We had all multivitamin supplements given
- We followed all the instructions as guided by the doctor
- Took a vacation to prepare for the IVF - ICSI Treatment
And the moment came to test. Guess what -Finally Pregnant!!
No tears of happiness.. Just a smile and had no words to speak. I just remember the doctor saying - Believe Me - You are Pregnant!
On day one of first scan - Doctor again surprised us saying - There are 2 heart beats in your womb.
We were so happy about the Good News until the second scan that revealed that I conceived triplets while one lost the heartbeat. That made us little down until the specialist said that in a way good so because complications will be less.
Every Scan we prayed things to be good. I had gone through few complications. Doctors, Nurses, friends, relatives- Must say were of great support- both Physical and mental.
Delivered my little ones – God blessed us with a Boy & a Girl. They were taken to NICU where they completed 17 days medical care.
I am glad we visited the right place at the right time. I felt that it was all destined! This was the Plan of God.
So, once again Ladies –With my experience I say that -with today’s technology, dream of becoming a Mom is not impossible. All you have to visit the right specialist before it is too late.
I would love to converse on your experience. Please express your thoughts and let me know –
- Are you one of the victims of society torturing you mentally for not conceiving? Who tortures you the most? – In Laws, Relatives or Friends?
- How do you feel when you visit your peers having Kids? Do you notice the topics you usually discussed have changed?
- Do you avoid visiting your peers for the reason of not having babies?
- How do you react when you see a baby? Do you feel that your heart is breaking and you control your feelings?
- Have you got proper guidance from anyone?
- Who do you discuss your feelings with?
- What do you do to control your feelings?
- Do you think the society blames women more than men for not having babies?
- Do you follow the Ovulation Time table and use apps for same?
- Do you spend time browsing How to conceive and other topics related?
- Do you blame your horoscope and fate for not having babies?
- Working Ladies- Do people ask you to quit job and try for babies?
- Are you scared or shy to get treated medically?
- Do you think – It’s an economically, emotionally and time consuming task to go for a treatment & What if it do not work?
Let’s talk ladies. Awaiting your responses!
Sheetal is a God Loving person. An idealist who believes - “If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it “
Former Campaign Planner @ a reputed Marketing Solutions firm.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store