Mother's Treasure: The Diaper Bag
Photo by https://themomstore.in/
As a woman, one thing we never forget when we go out is our PURSE. Right? Our Purse has all our necessary essentials. Do you remember Hermione in Harry Potter? What was famous about her in the movie was her bag. Whatever she wanted, she used to take out of the bag. In my opinion, for every woman, her bag is a Hermione bag. Am I Right?? My husband calls my bag "Hermione bag". Our Purse is a woman's treasure.
But, after becoming a mother, another treasure is added in my life: Diaper Bag. I call it a treasure because it has all the precious things that my baby needs. When we have to go out with a baby, then it is must to carry a diaper bag with all the essentials. For me now, the situation is I may not take my Purse, but I never miss to take a diaper bag. In my world, the Diaper bag is my new treasure because I keep all the baby essentials in my diaper bag. Even when I go out for a short time, I take a diaper bag.
Let me share with you what I put in the mother's treasure: Diaper Bag. Basically, I have 2 diaper bags. One is a small bag, and the other is a big one. I carry the small one if I am going nearby for a short time and a bigger one if I am going for a long time.
MINI DIAPER BAG:-
I say to my mini diaper bag "Choti Potli".The best part of carrying a mini bag is I can put it in my tote. Here is a small list of baby essentials in a mini diaper bag:-
- 2 -3 Diapers
- A small pack of wet wipes
- Foldable Changing Mat
- 1 hanky/washcloth
- 1 extra lower ( For emergency-Optional)
- Cap ( Optional)
- 1 thick napkin( baby may vomit )
- Snacks to munch ( for babies 6 months + Optional)
- Sipper (for babies 6 months +)
- Small plastic bag to keep dirty diapers
THE TREASURE DIAPER BAG:-
This diaper bag has all the essentials which a baby needs while going out for a long time like for an entire day. In this diaper bag, I put many things which may be required in an emergency. Let's look at what essentials I put in my treasure Bag.
- 6-7 Diapers and even more depending upon how often your baby does urine and pass stool ( plan it out depending upon the number of hours you will be out ) Note:- it is recommended to change the diaper every 3-4 hours to avoid rashes.
- Diaper Rash Cream
- A big pack of Wet wipes
- Foldable Changing mat
- 1 blanket/1 cotton swaddle to keep the baby warm( depending upon the weather)
- 2 extra sets of cloth ( sleepsuit / track pant/rompers etc)
- 2 pair of socks
- 2 thick napkins ( sometimes baby may vomit)
- 2 washcloth just wipe baby's mouth after feeding
- First Aid Kit:- Daily Medicines of the baby ( I keep Calcium, Vit D, Multivitamins), Band-Aids, Arnica ( if baby get hurt)
- Fever Medicine
- Plastic bag to put the dirty diapers
- Hand Sanitizer
- Travel grooming kit ( baby powder, body lotion, face cream, hairbrush)
Beside Breastfeeding, if your giving formula milk then:-
- THERMOS WITH WARM WATER
- BOTTLE FOR FEEDING ( Keep at least 2-3 bottles depending upon the number of formula milk you will give as you may not be able to sterilize the bottle)
- FORMULA MILK POWDER WITH MEASURING SPOON
- WALLET( I always keep some money for emergency)
- A small toy-rattles, teether
- Tummy Roll on ( made of Hing to apply in stomach ache)
Mothers, if you have not prepared your diaper bag then prepare it by using my checklist mentioned above. Moreover, if you already have ready, then do check what's missing and add it in your bag. Also, if you think I have missed something in my list do post your comments.
Anshima Kolatkar is a passionate content writer and heads her firm "Writingwalkthrough". She pursued engineering in Electronics and telecom and PGDMA in embedded systems. In the year 2017, she quit her job to follow her passion of being a content writer. She is now a successful mompreneur. As a mom in working, she wants to share her journey into parenthood. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.