Photo by Irina Murza on Unsplash
As a parents we wish we can give everything to our kids whatever possible from our end. No doubt whatever the situation we do try our best to provide and protect the possible ways.
Though we fail sometimes and during that time we wonder why? Why this happened to my baby and how painful it must be to him/her? And we are often left with questions in our head and seeking solutions for same. So here I would like to convey one of the phase which babies face during their milestone are diaper rashes. Diaper rashes are so painful that babies are unable to bear the pain due to which they are left with crying. They are not just painful, but they irritate them as well.
- These rashes occurs due to babies passing urine and stool on regular basis since their skin are sensitive.
- Mostly it occurs when babies are suffering from diarrhoe or dysentery.
- Even when parents try to wrap their babies private parts with so called diapers, which are as well as harmful so here we can opt for cloth diapers if possible .although if we look our today’s life undoubtedly it’s a busy lifestyle still we have to be careful on these situations.
- Babies skin of private areas become red and feels wet.
- Skin becomes patchy and shiny.
- If not taken care on time the rashes increases.
- Sometimes ulcers, pimples occur this result into yeast diaper rash.
How to overcome or what are the solutions?
- Firstly avoid wearing diapers which are available in market, since they are not skin friendly to your baby until and unless it is necessary.
- If possible don’t allow them to wear until they turn 6months old as their skin are not well mature rather than sensitive.
- If possible don’t use wipes to wipe the rash area or even if needed than only go for wipes. Mostly during travelling we can have an option of wipes.
- Whenever rashes happens so don’t panic, just clean that area with lukewarm water properly and pat dry with soft cloth . Let baby’s private area be kept open by applying coconut oil, petroleum jelly or else even ghee works wonder. Though we can apply Pediatrician suggested ointment or cream however sometimes happen that we left with no answer so here coconut oil plays as a best aid for rashes .
- Babies to be given some me time .i. e. As Before mentioned that there private part should be kept so air can pass through and they can feel fresh.
- Do not apply powder on babies private parts during diaper rashes as it will create more mess for babies since the skin which is peeled pains more and they cry like anything.
- After passing every stool or urine by baby ,kindly clean the area with lukewarm water and cotton balls as well as pat dry with soft cloth.
- Here if parents feel that the rashes are not getting healed as I have mentioned yeast diaper rash one of the reason so better consult pediatrician. Generally this does not happen if proper precautions are taken.
Here I would like to inform that rashes are not so big concern still, we have to take care since it is common in babies as their skin are prone to sensitive. Let them try to wear clothes diapers which can be changed regularly. If we are using market technology diapers the skin gets hurt due to continuous usage hence we have to switch to cloth diapering.
Hope this article helps to resolve all the required things in detail.
Kindly share your valuable comments and suggestions if any.