Budget Free Activities For Kids
As a parent, we must commit wholeheartedly to be present in our child’s life. Currently in this digital age, children are very restless and impatient. It is our duty as parents to channelize them constructively with some budget free activities.
Children these days are very pampered. If their friends have a new gadget or game, they ask their parents to buy it immediately. Taking the children to the mall and hotel every week, spending according to their wishes, playing video games and eating whatever child wishes is a fancy living, which is not in line with our traditional Indian way of parenting. It’s time we rethink how we engage our children.
There are some budget free activities for the children where you can follow.
Budget free activities for children at home:
- Drawing, colouring, painting and art out of waste
- Daily chores like learning to fold clothes, arrange their cupboard and help arranging kitchen utensils along with Mother are good to develop a sense of responsibility through actions
- Help mother during meal times to set the table or to serve dosa, chapati or poori to other family members
- Read books understand and write in their own words is a good activity
- Family time can include dance, yoga and board games
Here are some indoor toys for your little one.
Budget free activities for children outside home:
- Visit a park near your residence, encourage your child to make friends and play
- Waterfalls or rivers are a refreshing activity for the young mind. Pack your meal, allow the children to play in water and then have a meal
- Visit heritage sites, additionally they may also have short trails for child friendly trek.
- Take them visiting to friends and relatives house often
- Play a sport regularly in the evenings. Physical activity is extremely important in this digital age
Here are some outdoor toys your little one can enjoy
As there are a lot of responsibilities for the parents in the family like meeting up day to day expenses, kid’s education and desires, fancy expenses, medical expenses etc...in a month. As parents it is our duty to teach our children to live budget free activities though we satisfy their wants.
Check out some tips on How Keeping Kids Away From The Screen.
Lakshmi Sakthi Alagappan lives in Thanjavur in Tamilnadu, India. She is an administrative officer at Blossom Public School. She likes reading books, listening to music and surfing.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.