Be a role model for your child
Photo by Jonathan Borba on Unsplash
Our children are amazing observers, and clearly imitate what we do either positive or negative act. As parents, we have enormous desires, every time we want our child to fly colourfully. The first and foremost aspect is being a role model to your children are being good parents, teachers, relatives, or whoever it is. It is not an easy task bringing up a child in a positive atmosphere. It is quite natural that the child gets easily influenced by a negative atmosphere rather than a positive atmosphere. Let us scroll down to have a look at this topic role model.
Role model as Parents:
Parents are the ones more influential to the children at any point in time. We constantly train their minds for their successful future. At times, children may feel their parents annoyed by repeatedly saying instructions to get the work done. Let us jot down some points that children feel monotonous and getting bored.
- Doing daily routines such as brushing, and bathing early in the morning.
- Doing homework every day.
- Cleaning up their place.
- Assisting the parents by doing hold tasks.
Toddler is the right age when they enjoy by sleeping and eating. As years go by, children should start building responsibilities. If the parents are systematic, in their life for sure the next generations will be the same as being the role model to their children.
Negative impacts from the home atmosphere:
Basically, there should be a smooth relationship between the family members. The lifestyle such as food habits, dressing, and attitude should be the same otherwise the child will get confused about which one to follow. Children have unlimited demands and don’t agree 100 percent as they may face, ups and downs in their life.
- Don’t buy things immediately they ask, as parents think for a minute needed or not needed. There is no doubt very well you can postpone buying things but explain the reason why you are not getting them now.
- Next, food plays a major role. Everyone in the family likes different items, for example, if you take dinner, the child may say the item which is not at home, in that case, do not support immediately child request, go with the item that you have at home and tell them next time we will make. As parents are firm on your meal decisions.
- Study time at home should be taken care of by the parents though there are distractions. Sit with your children in a good atmosphere where it stimulates your child to study.
Role model as teachers:
A teacher is a mother to a child at school. A child’s first duty is to share whatever is in their mind after coming to school. Do you think a teacher is a role model to a child who comes to school? The answer is true. Most of the time, children spend time in school observing only the teacher’s advice and behaviour. The kids imitate outside wherever they go. The first asked question is where are you studying and who is your teacher??? As teachers, if your children behave perfectly on seeing you, then this is the right way of growing positively.
- If you want your children to come to school on time, as a teacher, you are the right person to set an example to come to school on time.
- Do you expect your children to be good enough in academics? You have to understand that, as a teacher, you should know to explain in and out of the subject as they grasp quickly.
- If you want your child to be clean and tidy, as a teacher you should be clean and well dressed.
Review your own behavior and actions:
Model through your own actions. For example, consider how you:
- handle stress and frustration
- respond to problems
- express anger and other emotions
· treat other people
· deal with competition, responsibilities, loss, mistakes
· celebrate special occasions
· take care of yourself (what you eat, how much you exercise, balance your commitments)
As adults, either mother, father, grandparents or teacher review your behaviour or actions yourself often, as we face ups and downs in our life which we take it further in a positive way.
Why is it important to set a positive role model for your child???
- A child can ensure positivity in life.
- A child can easily take decisions.
- Ensures the success in future.
- It makes us brisk even when we feel sometimes depressed.
“Find someone who has a life that you want and figure out how they got it. Read books, pick your role models wisely, find out what they did and do”.
Lakshmi Sakthi Alagappan lives in Thanjavur in Tamilnadu, India. She is an administrative officer at Blossom Public School. She likes reading books, listening to music and surfing.