Baby's Day Out: Essential Items To Carry On A Trip With Your Baby
Photo by Lubomirkin on Unsplash
When only me and my husband used to travel, then it was ok for us to forget or ignore some of the stuff. But with the baby, the things have taken a complete 360-degree turn. We cannot neglect any essentials of the baby. We cannot take our baby's comfort for granted.
This year I am going on a 15 days vacation on Diwali. I was confused about what to carry and what not to carry. After doing a lot of research, I created a list so that my baby's travel is comfortable and he is joyful and happy on our entire trip. Above all, we will be able to share priceless moments with our baby, and we will have an enjoyable trip.
I am here going to share with you the list of essentials you can pack while going on a trip. Also, your packing depends upon the 3 factors:- how you are travelling, where you will be travelling and how long it will be out of the station.
BABY SUITCASE:-( pack it depending upon the number of days you will be staying).
- CLOTHES- includes dresses, extra lowers, night suit, sweater if the weather is cold, cap, mittens, socks, vest, underpants (optional).
- TOWELS- Prefer to pack at least 2 towels so that you have another when you have washed the previous one.
- DIAPERS:- Keep a complete pack of diapers. As the frequency of doing pee and poo of the babies are quite frequent. I will be staying at home, so I am taking langotis for my baby or just putting on Pajamas/lowers. If I can avoid it, then I don't use diapers. But if I have to go to a place where It will be challenging to manage, I will prefer diapers. To avoid rashes, make sure to apply either coconut oil or diaper rash cream before putting on diapers.
- WRAPS/SHAWLS:- Depending on the location and weather, wraps (Dupate in Marathi) and shawls will save you a lot of trouble. It will help you in keeping the baby warm as well as keeping things clean. Also, babies can sleep comfortably in shawls/wraps!
- HYGIENE KIT:- This list can grow quite long based on your choice! I prefer using plant-based products for my baby. Put baby soap, laundry detergent, cleansing powder, Vekhand powder( to treat cold), pure coconut oil, nail-scissors, hairbrush etc. in a single pouch.
- BABY FOOD:- Do keep the extra formula milk, some snacks if your baby is eating solid food in adequate amounts. Since you do not know whether the same brands will be available for your baby or not. You can stay hungry for a long time but you can't if food is not available.
- DRY SHEET:- We must let the private area of the baby open for some time once or twice in a day. This activity prevents rashes as well as the baby, will feel light and relaxed. Put the baby on a dry sheet so that sheet can soak the urine and the baby will feel dry. Even you can give tummy time at this point to the baby.
LONG DRIVE DIAPER BAG:-
The diaper bag which we carry on vacation is a little bit heavier than what we usually carry.
BASICS IN THE DIAPER BAG -
- WET WIPES
- DIAPER RASH CREAM
- FORMULA MILK
- FEEDING BOTTLE
- HAND SANITIZER
Now besides the above essentials other essential things to carry:-
- EXTRA SET OF CLOTHES
- SILICON BIBS
- EMERGENCY WALLET
- BOTTLE BRUSH
- EXTRA BOTTLE TEATS/NIPPLES
- BLANKET/SWADDLE ( DEPENDS ON WEATHER)
There is some other important stuff which you may take with you while going on a vacation. As a result, you and your baby both will be comfortable during the journey. Here is the list:-
- BABY CARRIER
- CAR SEAT
- BREAST PUMP
- EXTRA FEEDING BOTTLE
- ZIP LOCK BAG TO KEEP DIRTY/WET DIAPERS
- THERMOS FLASK WITH HOT WATER
- BOTTLE WITH NORMAL COLD WATER
- SLEEP SACK
Mothers, now you must be clear what essentials we should carry to have a memorable and enjoyable journey with our baby. If you think there is something more we should add while going for a long trip, then do post in the comments!
Anshima Kolatkar is a passionate content writer and heads her firm "Writingwalkthrough". She pursued engineering in Electronics and telecom and PGDMA in embedded systems. In the year 2017, she quit her job to follow her passion of being a content writer. She is now a successful mompreneur. As a mom in working, she wants to share her journey into parenthood. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.