A Daily Routine with A 1-year-old
How do you manage your household work, your son and office work? How have you inculcate good habits in your son at such an early age? Does your son trouble you while you work? Most of my friends ask me these questions. My cousin is a housewife, and she said to me, "I am a housewife and not a working mom like you. Then also, I cannot manage my son the way you do”.
In my world, whether you are a working or a housewife, you cannot manage things if you have not set a routine. In this blog, I will share how I have created a routine for my 13 months old son.
Creating a routine for a toddler is a step by step process, and it will take time.
- SLEEPING TIME:-
- Firstly, I started training my son to sleep in the night for a longer time and less napping time in the day when he was 6 months old. Secondly, I also started Baby-led weaning with my son when he was 7 months old, and it took him 2 months to come to this routine. So mothers, if you have not started yet, start training them now.
- When the baby reaches 9 months, the number of hours they sleep in a day decreases and playing time and naughty activity time increase. Therefore, I had to keep noticing his activities.
- PLAYING TIME/ACTIVITY TIME:- As soon as the baby starts turning, increase the playing time of the baby. As your baby grows older, increase his playing time. My experience with my son is that the more I allow him to run, jump, play, the better he eats and gets exhausted. As a result, he gets into a deep sleep and gets up directly at 6:30 am.
- INVOLVE BABY IN DAILY ACTIVITIES:- Once the babies start walking, you can actually give them some household activities like fun. I tell my son to pick up the clothes and give me to hang, give me spoons in my hand while I am setting up a dining table, and make him put shoes in the shoe rack. It took some time to train him, but now he does all the things by himself. Here are some of the activities to keep your kids busy.
Please check the routine I follow:-
- 6:30 am-9:00am - He wakes up early in the morning. There is no need for me to set the alarms. He is my alarm clock. Till 9 am, he is done with his sunbath, breakfast and playing with his papa.
- 9:00 am-12:pm- During my household activities, I make sure I include him, especially when hanging wet clothes, putting his toys and clothes in their place etc. It's FUN. Later, My husband does his malish, and I bathe him, and then he goes to sleep after taking a feed. Look at some of the organic baby products here
- Till 3 pm I get a good time to do my office work.
- 3:30 pm - 7 pm- When he gets up, I sometimes play with him and sit again for work. I have trained him not to touch the laptop, my notepad and pen. So he does not disturb my husband and me. He plays in front of me, and I do my work. Yes, in between, I keep calling his name so that he feels I am there with him. I give him some snacks at around 5 pm.
- 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm- We three change clothes, finish our dinner and off to bed.
- 8:30 pm-9:00 pm- No Phones, We only spend time with him and sleep.
As a mother, creating a routine is essential. When you have a routine, things work smoothly. This schedule works for me, and you can create your own. I hope this blog will help many mothers make a routine for themselves and their children.
Anshima Kolatkar is a passionate content writer and heads her firm "Writingwalkthrough". She pursued engineering in Electronics and telecom and PGDMA in embedded systems. In the year 2017, she quit her job to follow her passion of being a content writer. She is now a successful mompreneur. As a mom in working, she wants to share her journey into parenthood. Connect with her on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.