6 Places To Visit In India With Kids
India is undoubtedly every tourist's favourite holiday destination. It is the only country I believe, which ends up being on every tourist's bucket list at some point of time. A few travellers wish to experience the glory of Taj Mahal, while a few might want to feel the royalty by visiting Rajasthan and there are others who just can't stop thinking about pristine beaches of Goa.
In this blog, I will be sharing 6 Best places to visit in India with kids. Let’s get started!
- Agra: This tourist place doesn't need any introduction, the world famous Taj Mahal is one of the most popular tourist attractions across the globe. Millions of travellers plan a trip to Agra every year, to see this beautiful structure radiating and shining at sunrise. Apart from Taj Mahal, the state of Uttar Pradesh has many extraordinary Mughal monuments like Akbar's Mausoleum and Itimad-ud-Daulah's tomb. Your kids will love to learn about the rich history of their country.
- Rajasthan: If you want your child to experience the grandeur of glittery palaces, lively festivals and stately forts then, Rajasthan is one of best places to visit in India. Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur and Jodhpur are the places in Rajasthan which you must cover in your trip. Jaipur is famous for its characteristic pink buildings, jewellery stores galore and not to forget lavish city palace. The yellow sandstone structures plus the historic havelis of Jaisalmer will surely captivate your senses. Udaipur is well known for the amazing city palace complex and its flower lined streets Jodhpur, also known as the blue city, has the famous mehrangarh fort.
- Amritsar: This lovely city in the state of Punjab has become very popular among adults and kids alike because of Golden Temple; which is a holy place for Sikhs. This gilded structure offers a mesmerizing sight which leaves all the travellers pleasantly surprised. Your kids will surely enjoy the beating retreat ceremony at wagah border. Do not forget to try the yummy Punjabi delicacies like Amritsar kulcha chole and saag.
- Goa: Known for its pretty beaches, Goa is defininely one of the best places to visit with your kids. The stretches of beautiful golden sand offers something for all kinds of tourists. Goa depicts the perfect amalgamation of Indian and Portuguese culture. Your kids will have a blast at the beach and also enjoying yummy goan food.
- Kerala: If you want a relaxed holiday with your kids, then head to Kerala, a place famous for its backwaters. Your family will love the experience of hopping on a houseboat in Allepley and floating through palm fringed lagoons plus rivers. All of you can enjoy delicious Indian cuisine on water, while taking a look at the beautiful natural sights plus wildlife.
- Darjeeling: Your sightseeing in India can only be complete if you visit this lovely hill station in the state of West Bengal. Known for its lush tea plantation, serene Buddhist monasteries and snow capped mountain peaks; it is apt the for a mountain trek with your loved ones. You must also take the the 140-year-old toy train ride which will take you from Darjeeling to Ghum. This journey is regarded as one of the most beautiful train rides in the whole world.
Now that you know the 6 best places to visit in India, plan your next holiday right away. I am sure the rich cultural heritage and the natural beauty of India will leave you and your kids spellbound.
Urvashi Newar has a great passion for writing. She has been into this line for almost 7 years. Mom to a 3 year old girl, she loves penning down her thoughts on motherhood. She believes in sharing her motherhood journey to help new mothers.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.