5 Tips To Resume Work After Maternity Leave
As a new mom, it is emotionally difficult to leave your child and return to professional life. The feeling of not being available with your child 24/7 weakens you. Feeling that you miss on so many important things or not able to witness child's each milestone end up putting us Mom in Mom Guilt. Having these feelings is completely normal and do acknowledge them, however with proper planning one can ease returning to Full-time work.
Sharing few ways which ease up returning to work for new moms:
- Arrange for Reliable Baby care
Every mom does best for his child. It's okay if child is taken care by day care, nanny or extended family, that is best you are doing for child. Do let caretaker take charge 2-3 weeks before actual joining date, so that you have sufficient time to train the caretaker.
Click here to get baby sleep gears.
- Opt for flexible hours in beginning
To make returning to work easy, most companies do provide flexible work options . Ask your HR department about same. Try to join on reduced hours for first couple of weeks or couple months . Also plan your pumping schedule with pumping brakes. Do ask HR manager about returning to work policies such as pumping brakes, facility for storing pumped breast milk, creche facility etc.
- Ask for help/support groups
Do not try to do it all by yourself. Ask for help from partner /other family members. Take it easy on yourself as along with work, office, moms have additional responsibility of childcare. If financial permits do invest in house helps/cooks as they reduce workload quite a lot and help ease up morning loads.
- Do practice runs
It is not only difficult for baby but also fort new moms as you are returning to work as a different person with new sets of responsibilities. Do practice runs to get you and your child accustomed to the situation. Start stepping out of house for small duration, may be a coffee date with college or get pedicure done before you go to work.
After making sure that all other things related to child are taken care, it is equally important to prepare yourself mentally to return to work post maternity. Sharing few of self-mantras/affirmations which help new mom keep on going or beat Working mom guilt.
- I am doing best for my child, and he is well taken care off
- When it comes to spending time with my kids, I value quality as much as quantity
- My child will be proud of me, and I am outstanding role model for my children
- I can love my children and love my job
- I am grateful for the opportunity to to achieve career goals do what I love to do every day
- The challenges that I face make me a stronger mother
- I will take care of myself to be a good mother
- Achieving goals in professional front will improve my personal life and relationship with my family
- Having young kids doesn't make me any less qualified for that raise/promotion/assignment
You can have your own sets of self-affirmations which help you going back to work post maternity, by reinstating them regularly prepares you emotionally for big change.
Click here to check Maternity and Nursing Casual Wear