5 Must Have Toys For Brain Development
The child's brain develops both genes and the environment. A toy is important in a kid’s life as it helps to build various skills like gross motor skills (coordination of arms, legs, body parts), fine motor skills (movement of wrists, hands, fingers), emotional development, social development, cognitive skills.
We all want our kids to play and grow. The biggest challenge lies in how to select toys apart from the toys kids like. There are plenty of options available. Most kids lose interest within a few weeks or say a few days. It depends on your child's personality and toy. Of course, we can’t buy all the toys or else kids will think the world owes them. But we also want kids to feel deserving and full of life.
Before choosing toys for kids, you have to know how much you wish to spend on the toy. Determine the age group of the child and know the interest of the child.
Whether you are getting the same toy at a cheaper price from somewhere else? Is there a space in the home to keep this toy? How long will she or he be likely to play with It.? What can my child learn from it? These are a few questions you need to ask yourself before making the right choice.
According to my experience, I have listed below a few must-have Toys for kids which I think are important for a child’s overall development.
- Blocks – Blocks are full of fun and challenges. They are cheap, durable, unique, and educational. It improves motor skills, hand-eye coordination, gripping and creativity. A good teaching tool that can be used by parents, and teachers. It can be used for a long time.
- Puzzles and Brain Games – These puzzles and brain games are a fun way for the child to learn several concepts. Simple puzzles like matching; sorting can be done for toddlers then come to complex ones according to age. It develops gross motor skills, fine motor skills, problem-solving, setting up goals, develops patience and stimulates thinking. Focus and patience are also developed through this.
- Pretend Play Kit – Children can learn to pretend to play from soft toys and dolls but they don’t need too many of them either. Pretend playsets like doctor set, engineer set, toy house set; ice cream set develops thinking and problem-solving skills. It also improves the social and communication skills of your child.
- Art and craft sets – Engaging in art and craft will improve hand and eye coordination. It also increases bonding with your kid. This will boost the child’s creativity. Kids love it. Kids love to mess around. But this mess helps your child to grow creative, develops problem-solving, critical thinking skills etc. Art activities, craft sets, play dough provides the opportunity to explore and make choices.
- Whiteboard / Blackboard / Green board – I got this for my kid when she was 2 years old. She learnt her alphabets, drawing, patterns, sight words etc through this. First thing you should bring home for preschoolers. They draw and erase again and again. They get wonderful opportunities to draw their imagination on board. They can learn immensely through this whiteboard.
Happy Playing and Bonding!
Found this article useful? Read more blogs at www.themomstore.in
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.
Well written..! I enjoyed reading your article..
Thank you all for your appreciation..!
Very nice information👍
Very good insight. Will keep in mind.