Why Should A Mom Take A Break?
Motherhood can be tough; we all agree to this. Whether you are on your first baby or third; as a mom you can very well relate to the struggles of bringing up kids. I know there are some special moments, when you feel this journey of motherhood is completely worth it. Though, all moms do their best even during the most trying times; sometimes the best option is to take a break to avoid losing it all together.
Let me tell you about a few signs which will help you understand why you need a break:
- You are always on the edge: Kids are not able to self regulate their emotions. There are times they might screech out, at any point of time; regardless if they are at home or at the mall; this is the reason why you might feel on edge. It gets tough for moms to remain patient and level-headed while making parenting decisions and this is why it is necessary they take a break.
- You are always angry: This is one of the most important signs that you need a break from your motherhood journey. If you are always angry and are not able to express in a proper way, particularly if it is a chronically occurring problem, then it indicates other underlying problems. So, go for a weekend getaway or maybe just hang out with your girlfriends for lunch but take that break and unwind yourself.
- You might be burnt out: Many moms have experienced a kind of burn out but they push through it, since they feel that they have no other option. You must take burn out seriously, because it can affect your relationship with your child and also the quality of care you provide to your little one.
- You are irritable most of the time: This is yet another sign for you to understand the importance of taking a break from your routine. If you are always irritable, then your body is definitely under stress. Acute stress is normally short term and can cause an increase in your blood pressure plus heart rate. Good enough reason to go for that much needed solo holiday or that relaxing spa treatment.
- You feel inadequate: As a mom, you do a lot whole day for your children. You give wholeness and structure to your family, do chores, manage work, handle appointments and the list goes on. With so many tasks to be done, there are times you might feel inadequate. It can be really helpful to take a break from your responsibilities and do something fun or just go for a coffee date with your girlfriends. Your confidence will surely be restored after the break, after all don't forget that you are a superwoman!
I am sure after going through this blog, you would agree that a mom should take a break often for herself and her family's wellbeing. If you can relate to any of the above noted signs then, go ahead take that break right away!
Urvashi Newar has a great passion for writing. She has been into this line for almost 7 years. Mom to a 3 year old girl, she loves penning down her thoughts on motherhood. She believes in sharing her motherhood journey to help new mothers.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post are the personal views of the author. They do not necessarily reflect the views of The Mom Store.